Main Street in Osborne Park is the Cafe, Shopping and Business strip hosting Cafes such as Amaretto, Siderno and Villa Picasso and businesses such as the Perth Metro Property Group.
The Osborne Park shopping centre consists of major tenant IGA, Australia Post, Montello Gourmet Deli, Benny’s Meats Butcher, Salvia Hair design, Thip Mens hair, Shoes Repairs/Cobler. Next to the Osborne Park Shopping Centre is a family owned Osborne Park Hotel/Pub/Restaurant and Harry Brownes Liquor Store and Drive through Bottle Mart.
Osborne Park was named after William Osborne, a butcher who owned an abattoir on Wanneroo Road and was elected to the Perth Road Board (the City of Stirling’s predecessor), in 1875.
The suburb was originally full of market gardens, due to rich peaty soil from the swamps between Lake Monger and Herdsman Lake. The area was popular among Chinese and Italian settlers. The suburb was founded by a private trading concern and had a tram service in the early 1900s through an extension of the Perth tram system from the end of the Leederville line.The suburb is now served by Glendalough train station on the Joondalup line.
Osborne Park became a residential suburb after World War II, but by the 1980s, it was predominantly an industrial area, with only the north-eastern area still residential.Many warehouses and small businesses are located in Osborne Park.